Give your delegates an entertaining start to your training with this 10-minute ice-breaker. Human Bingo will absolutely help your delegates get to know each other quickly!
1. Ask your delegates to email you in advance with their “secret” – an odd hobby, an odd thing they own or an unusual like / dislike. For example, they like to sing under the shower, have a tattoo, have an exotic pet, do not like pizza, can play an instrument, hate football, sleep on the right side, have been to Lands End, and so on.
2. Create bingo sheets from the information you have gleaned.
3. On the day, give everyone a bingo sheet and explain that they have 10 minutes to run around and find people with those characteristics.
4. Explain the Rules:
• They must put the name of the person next to the characteristic.
• Names can only appear once on the bingo sheet.
• Once they have a name against every characteristic, they should call out BINGO!
It’s really fun to see delegates running around and asking each other for their secrets, trying to win at Bingo! And don’t be surprised if the lure of winning causes them to start shouting out … Anyone here that sings under the shower?
* This is most fun when you play it with a large group (20+ more people).
* Consider creating different bingo sheets to increase the level of difficulty.
Thanks go to mftrou.com for this ice-breaker, courtesy of Ivonne Rudolph.